AMH Development, LLC/American Homes 4 Rent
American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country’s fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality, and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Director, Land Acquisition is responsible for finding, acquiring, and prioritizing lot and land acquisitions to meet Company objectives. The Manager will work directly with company senior leaders to cost analyze all lot and land acquisitions to meet the company’s stated goals. This role will identify acquisition opportunities through contacts with brokers, builders, bankers, landowners, engineers, planners, attorneys, municipal officials, and in-house contacts, as well as work with local government agencies to verify entitlements. In addition, it will scrutinize all property deals and find land in areas and price ranges consistent with Company needs, while optimizing the return on investment and minimizing risk to the Company.
- Conducts outreach and identifies land for purchase; conducts financial/land evaluation analysis, market analysis and proformas for parcels under consideration for purchase of land for housing purposes; develops feasibility packages; prepares memoranda and other documentation and analytics for corporate approval for land buys; negotiates land agreements/contracts/purchases.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the team; manages, trains and coaches’ individual employees while guiding them to reach their potential and providing constructive feedback for employee development; reviews incoming candidate resumes, interviews, and strategically hires new team members based on department staffing needs.
- Researches and conducts due diligence related to approvals, permits, zoning, engineering, building costs, soils/geology, improvement plans and other relevant factors; secures permitting and other requirements for property development.
- Ensures Architectural Review Board (ARB) approvals with developers, owners, and Homeowner’s Associations (HOA’s); oversees the compilation of data related to specific jurisdictions, HOA obligations and property taxes; manages resources to meet all entitlement needs for land acquisitions.
- Drives land acquisition process to meet operating margin goals; builds strong internal relationships with Purchasing, Construction and Property Management teams.
- Compiles and analyzes data for the development of Land Committee packages; participates in Corporate Land Committee discussions when needed.
- Provides lot analyses on all communities; collects and analyzes data to prepare daily reports to upper management with a snapshot of all acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, Commerce or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Land Acquisition, Land Brokering or Land Sales and must include contract negotiation and relationship building required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience, managing direct reports.
- Intermediate experience of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel) required.
- State Real Estate License preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license required.
- Must be financially literate and have a thorough understanding of market and industry trends.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in home building or related construction/real estate industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to lift/carry:
- 20 pounds to waist height
- 10 pounds to shoulder height
- 5 pounds above the head
Work where you feel right at home –
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment, and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Information regarding AH4R’s collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/employeeprivacy