Why Southern Land?
Our full-service company is comprised of planning, architecture, design, construction, marketing, and resident experience professionals—all in-house and working together every day to envision and create uniquely beautiful places.
Southern Land Company, a national real estate development and construction firm, is seeking a full-time Office Manager to join our dynamic team in Denver, Colorado. The office manager will consist of three primary job functions: office manager, executive assistant, and marketing coordinator.
- Schedule meetings, conferences, and travel for Vice President/General Manager and prepare VP’s expense reports for reimbursement.
- Assist Vice President/General Manager with area sales and demographic research that is necessary for the execution of the community.
- Assist Vice President/General Manager and SLC’s legal department with builder contract administration. Assist the Marketing Director in implementing the master planned community’s brand, and production of marketing material throughout development.
- Assist the Marketing Director with management of the community website and social media platforms, developing an in-house media library for use in all media and marketing.
- Assist the Marketing Director with incorporating a community-wide signage program, for builders and general wayfinding.
- Point person for general inquiries regarding development of the master-planned community via community website and phone calls.
- Attend internal and external meetings with Vice President/General Manager as needed.
- Office Manager
- Greet guests/visitors.
- Ensure that the lobby, conference rooms and shared office area are tidy and clean for our guests/visitors.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office, including ordering of office and kitchen supplies for staff.
- Point person for maintenance of office equipment (copier, phones, postage meter, etc.).
- Assist staff with fed ex and/or courier packages.
- Act as Cultural Ambassador for the Denver office, arranging Free Friday Lunches, birthday/anniversary and other events that foster team spirit and bonding.
- Ensure accurate coding of invoices and track credit card charges.
- Submit invoices and receipts to accounting for payment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with social media at a professional level
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors, and co-workers on the phone and in person.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail, and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, prioritize work and ask for further clarification when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight time constraints, as well as the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar administrative role
- College degree in related field
- Notary Public
- Real estate experience
- Experience working with marketing e-communication software (e.g. Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.) and with database platforms
Southern Land Company believes that community is the heart of every successful development project. With that as our starting point, we create residential developments around the country that provide a generous, comfortable lifestyle to those that call them home. In support of our single family and multifamily projects, we also undertake key retail, office, and recreation developments to craft convenient, complete communities. We believe in big ideas and paying attention to every detail required to realize them.
- A strong brand recognized for quality, performance, and artistry
- Guiding principles of creativity and innovation
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and more!