*** APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE BY USING THIS LINK!!! ***
Who We Are
At Boulder Creek Neighborhoods, we’re all about homes, but we’re more about living. Our mission is to inspire lives fully lived, for our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We know every home needs a solid foundation, and our mission is no different. To make it a reality, we build everything we do on top of our core values of Respect, Extreme Ownership, Agility, and Lifefullness®.
What We Offer
- Market-calibrated base compensation range: $27.59/hour to $37.32/hour
- Additional compensation:
- A responsive, team-based bonus program that rewards our collective success monthly and quarterly.
- This position does not have a commission plan.
- This position is eligible for a vehicle allowance.
- Benefits: All full-time employees are eligible to participate in the company’s benefits programs; including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including no-cost options for employees.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic 3% company contributions after one year of tenure.
- Financial Wellness Program that offers free advice from professional financial planners.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home loan assistance and discount
How You Can Help Us
The Assistant Construction Manager ensures all work meets or exceeds plan specifications/quality standards, supervises and coordinates construction activities as required to meet production schedule and focuses on the backend of home production (Drywall through the Certificate of Occupancy).
What You'll Do
- Answer questions regarding the schedule whenever possible.
- Assist with scheduling trade contractors; this may include the posting of schedules on BuildTopia.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with schedule timeframes.
Build Partnerships with Stakeholders
- Conduct tailgate meetings with subcontractors.
- May have to go to municipalities to pull permits, get inspections, etc.
- Develop good relationships with inspectors.
- Inspect homes to ensure all construction meets or exceeds the established quality standards.
- Carry out all field changes and modifications.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations regarding ways to improve the construction process and/or materials used in homes.
Trade Contractors and Materials Management
- Follow-up to ensure trade contractors report to the construction site as scheduled, coordinate their activities and facilitate a smooth workflow.
- Provide feedback to Project Manager and Director of Construction regarding the quality, and timeliness of the trade contractors and suppliers the company employs.
Job Site and Subdivision Management
- Ensure adequate safety precautions are taken in all phases of the project to protect the lives and health of workers and visitors.
- Ensure the proper storage of equipment and materials used in the construction process.
- Enforce company policies on the job site.
- Identify and communicate any problems and ensure their proper resolution.
Support and/or Perform Warranty Duties
- Interact with homeowners in a way consistent with the BCN Employee Handbook and Service Request Process.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment when determining warrantable and non-warrantable items (per warranty standards), determining the action plan, and determining the best way to communicate with the homeowner.
Other Duties as Assigned
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in management, construction, or related field encouraged.
- Minimum of two years of construction experience required.
- Strong organizational skills, people skills, management abilities and strategic planning skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively with the pressures of meeting schedules and producing quality product.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, establish priorities and achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to read and understand plans as well as maintaining updated knowledge of all plans and specifications.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Ability to do simple math calculations, accurately code and input data into the computer and analyze results as required. Must be able to balance accounts and compile computer reports.
- As necessary, assist the Warranty Manager with all job functions.
- As necessary, assist in performing the duties of the Construction Manager in his or her absence, or as delegated.
- Provide leadership to team members by modeling the company values, vision, and operating principles.
- Must be computer literate, with experience in Windows and Excel preferred.
- Must be able to effectively delegate decision making and problem solving authority, communicate clear performance expectations and desired results, monitor performance and outcomes, and provide ongoing feedback to trade contractors.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Must be able to resolve problems and handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- May require public contact and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires prolonged bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity adequate to operate construction tools as well as standard office machines such as computers and other office equipment. Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals. Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- This position will work in a field environment in sites that are under development, near heavy equipment, and uneven terrain.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, fumes and airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud at times.
- The employee will be required to walk terrain that is not yet under construction or under construction and must occasionally traverse terrain with or without streets or sidewalks.
- Regular and predictable attendance at the designated work site is required.