Who We Are
At Boulder Creek Neighborhoods, we’re all about homes, but we’re more about living. Our mission is to inspire lives fully lived, for our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We know every home needs a solid foundation, and our mission is no different. To make it a reality, we build everything we do on top of our core values of Respect, Extreme Ownership, Agility, and Lifefullness®.
What We Offer
- Market-calibrated base compensation range: $25.81 to $34.91 per hour
- Additional compensation:
- A responsive, team-based bonus program that rewards our collective success monthly and quarterly.
- This position does not have a commission plan.
- This position is eligible for mileage reimbursement.
- Benefits: All full-time employees are eligible to participate in the company’s benefits programs; including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including no-cost options for employees.
- Long- and short-term disability insurance
- Group and voluntary life insurance
- Pet insurance
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic 3% company contributions after one year of tenure.
- Financial Wellness Program that offers free advice from professional financial planners.
- Unique development opportunities like Boulder Creek University and $350.00 personal training budget annually.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home loan assistance and discount
How You Can Help Us
The AP Specialist II administers all aspects of accounts payable for the company, including all invoiced and electronically paid expenses, and corporate credit card accounts. The AP Specialist II is the last line of defense in cost control for the company.
What You'll Do
Accounts Payable Administration
- Enters all accounts payable information into the accounting system on a regular basis to accurately reflect upcoming expenses for cash flow management reporting.
- Processes and pays vendor payments when due either through the accounting system or on the corporate credit card.
- Reviews all invoices for validity, proper approval, and coding prior to payment.
- Reviews vendor files for proper documentation prior to payment of invoice: W-9 and insurance.
- Prints all accounts payable checks for signature.
- Reconciles vendor statements when needed.
- Resolves vendor inquiries regarding payments when needed.
- Maintains accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files.
Private Lender Concierge
- Prepares subordinated lot loan payoff documents for home closings.
- Updates lender workbooks to provide monthly and quarterly summaries and reconciliations.
- Updates payoff and interest workbooks for monthly and quarterly interest payments.
- Resolves lender inquiries.
- Maintains debt schedule with private lender loans and paydowns; verifies accuracy with trial balances.
- Completes final lender reconciliations within parameters of loan requirements.
- Posts all deposits to general ledger.
- Deposits all incoming checks to appropriate accounts in a timely manner.
- Reconciles customer deposit balances quarterly.
- Provides all bookkeeping functions for BCND Founders miscellaneous entities. Includes all journal entries, check writing, bank reconciliation, and financial statement preparation.
- Codes Accounts Payable and Home Depot corporate credit cards monthly.
- Processes year-end 1099 forms for vendors.
- Provides CFO an expense forecast report semi-monthly for cash flow management.
- Prepares quarterly sales-and-use tax reporting.
- Assists in year-end audit reporting.
- Prepares monthly aged AP reconciliation.
- Provides CFO with a report detailing weekly operating checks being written
- Provides Ownership team with a report detailing monthly operating checks being written
- Facilitates once a month ownership AP review meeting
Other Duties as Assigned
What You Need
- Experience and Education
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or related field experience preferred.
- Minimum of one-year general accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Capable of communicating in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be computer proficient with intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Excel and Word required.
- Some experience with accounting software preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Requires manual dexterity to operate computer, keyboard, calculator, copier machine and other office equipment.
- Requires eyesight within normal range to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
- Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
- Requires some reaching and occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Regular and predictable attendance at the designated work site is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Typical office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasional work outside office setting may be required to walk terrain that is not yet under construction or under construction and must occasionally traverse terrain with or without streets or sidewalks.